At Laserglow Technologies, we strive to continuously expand our solution offering and look to engage with our markets before embarking on new product development. After consulting with some of our top customer’s, we’ve identified a need for industrial safety products in the Materials Handling sector.
We are happy to announce our Hazard Zone Safety series. This line of laser and LED-based safety products is designed for Materials Handling equipment such as gantry cranes, forklifts and transport trailers/docking areas. These products are designed to enhance pedestrian safety in areas that are shared with mobile warehouse equipment.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries in 2015 a substantial number of fatal occupational injuries were related to cranes, derricks, hoists, and hoisting accessories. With more than 250,000 crane operators in the United States, a very large but undetermined number of other workers and general public are at risk of serious and often fatal injury due to accidents involving mobile heavy equipment. There are approximately 125,000 cranes in operation today in the construction industry, as well as an additional 80,000-100,000 in general and maritime industries.
The latest survey from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) in 2016 shows that close to 20 percent of all forklift accidents involve a pedestrian being struck by the forklift, translating to almost 19,000 people per year. There are over 1.2 million forklifts in USA and Canada which have the potential of causing pedestrian injury or fatality. Along with other high-risk work environments such as docking bays and warehouses, having a good safety procedure in place along with the right products to help mitigate accidents in all-weather environments, can help reduce the risk of serious injury or damaging valuable property.
Laserglow’s Hazard Zone Safety Series provides visual warnings to pedestrians and vehicles in accident-prone areas, or areas where mobile machinery shares floor space with pedestrians. These products are weatherproof, thus ideal for indoor and outdoor use. All products are designed for industrial applications to increase safety in potentially dangerous areas where cranes, forklifts and other material handling equipment is used.
List Of Products
- Crane Hazard Solutions: Laser visual warning of hazard zone for pedestrians and vehicles on the shop floor during crane hoisting operations.
- Forklift Safety Solutions: Laser visual warning of hazard zone for pedestrians and vehicles on the shop floor during Forklift operations.
- Truck Docking Solutions: The perfect truck and trailer docking assistant.
- SafetyCast Sign Solutions and VirtuaLine Walkway Solution: LED visual warning of hazard zone for pedestrians and vehicles on the shop floor during forklift or crane operations.
Hazard Zone Projection Safety Products Benefits:
- Reduce incidents of human error injury – increases pedestrian and operator awareness of moving equipment or temporary machinery installations.
- High visibility, illuminated projections provide the pedestrian with clear knowledge of their proximity to moving equipment.
- Warns pedestrians from walking under a suspended/overhead load.
- Audible alarms do not provide pedestrians with a sense of proximity to moving equipment due to ambient noise spikes in the work zone